Global Citizens Showcase
We cordially invite you to this important milestone of the nonprofit, as well as the recognition of the group of amazing student participants!
During 2018-2019 school year, students from Tri-North Middle School and Brown County Junior High School participated in the Global Citizenship Program. The students were matched with their middle school peers in China and communicated with each other once a week. The curriculum this year covered topics including international poverty line, gender equality in schools, the United Nations and its roles, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Chinese New Year. At the beginning of each weekly session, students from both countries presented on their favorite topics to share knowledge with each other on topics such as video games, history, movies, music, and books.
For their final projects, students from both countries teamed up and worked collaboratively in groups. Here are a list of projects to be presented on stage at the showcase:
• Sci-Fi Movies in China and the United States
• Questions and Answers: Zootopia and Race in the United States
• Videos: School Life in China and the United States
• British Parliamentary Style Debate: Are Video Games Good or Bad?
• Stan Lee and Marvel Movies: A History
• TED style Talk: The Working Poor, Wealth Gap, and Opportunities
• Book Club Discussions: Courage and Bravery
• Sports and Our Life
• Women’s Roles: Compare and Contrast from History to Modern Days
• Gender Roles in School: A Survey presented
• Stunning Website: traditional holidays in the US and in China
We will be extremely thrilled if you could join us this year and celebrate the achievement of the students!